Petition Prayer I
O Powerful St. Rita,
rightly called Saint of the Impossible,
I come to you with confidence in my great need.
You know well my trials,
for you yourself were many times burdened in this life.
Come to my help, speak for me, pray with me,
intercede on my behalf before the Father.
I know that God has a most generous heart
and that he is a most loving Father.
Join your prayers to mine
and obtain for me the grace I desire:
(Share your request…)
You who were so very pleasing to God on earth
and are so much more now in heaven,
I promise to use this favour, when granted,
to better my life, to proclaim God’s mercy,
and to make you more widely known and loved. Amen.
Petition Prayer II
Holy Patroness of those in need, Saint Rita, so humble, pure and patient, whose pleadings with thy Divine Spouse are irresistible, obtain for me from thy Crucified Christ my request: (Share your request…).
Be kind to me, for the greater glory of God, and I promise to honour thee and to sing thy praises forever.
O Glorious St. Rita, who didst miraculously participate in the sorrowful Passion of our Lord Jesus Christ, obtain for me the grace to suffer with resignation the troubles of this life, and protect me in all my needs. Amen.
Traditional Prayer of Intercession
Glorious St. Rita, O Holy Patroness of those in need, your intercession with our Lord is most powerful. Through the favours obtained by your prayers, you have been called the Advocate of the Hopeless and even of the Impossible. St. Rita, humble and pure; patient and compassionate lover of Christ Crucified! We have confidence that everyone who has recourse to you, will find comfort and relief. Listen to our petitions and show your power with God on our behalf. Obtain our petitions for us, if they are for the greater glory of God, and for our good. We promise, if our petitions are granted, to make known your favour, and to glorify God for His gift. Relying on your merits and power before the Sacred Heart of Jesus, we ask of you: (Share your request…)
Obtain for us our request:
– by the singular merits of your childhood,
– by your perfect union with the Divine Will,
– by your heroic sufferings during your married life,
– by the consolation you experienced at the conversion of your husband,
– by the sacrifice of your children rather than see them grievously offend God,
– by your miraculous entrance into the convent,
– by your severe penances and thrice daily bloody scourging,
– by the suffering caused by the wound you received from the thorn of the Crucified Saviour,
– by the divine love which consumed your heart,
– by that remarkable devotion to the Blessed Sacrament, on which alone you existed for four years,
– by the happiness with which you parted from your trials to join your Divine Spouse,
– by the perfect example you gave to people of every state of life.
Pray for us, O Holy St. Rita, that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.
Let us Pray: Heavenly Father, in Your infinite love and mercy, you heed the prayer of Your beloved servant, Saint Rita. You graciously grant favours through her intercession, which are considered impossible to human foresight, skill and efforts. Relying on her compassionate love, we ask You to assist us in our trials and difficulties. Let unbelievers know that you are the helper of the humble, the defence of the helpless, and the strength of those who trust in You. We ask this through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
… St Rita of Cascia, Pray for Us …