The Feast of Our Lady of Sorrows is a day when we recall seven of the most sorrowful events in the life of the Blessed Virgin Mary and it reminds us of the sacrifices she made for humanity.
The special events are:
1. Mary with Joseph at the Temple in Jerusalem and being told by Simeon, “A sword will pierce your heart”. (Luke 2:34-35)
2. Mary and Joseph’s flight to Egypt, to avoid Herod finding Jesus and killing him. (Matthew 2:13)
3. Mary and Joseph frantically searching for three days for Jesus in Jerusalem. (Luke 2:43-45)
4. Mary meeting Jesus as he carried his Holy Cross to Calvary.
5. Mary watching Jesus die on the Holy Cross. (John 19:25)
6. Mary watching the soldier thrust a spear into Jesus’ side. (Matthew 27:57-59)
7. Mary, with others, placing Jesus’ body in the tomb. (John 19:40-42)
The Feast of Our Lady of Sorrows is the 15th September.
Our Lady Of Sorrows:
Behold me and pity me,
behold me and abandon me not,
until you see me changed from a sinner into a saint. Amen.
(Extract from prayer to the Blessed Virgin Mary)
Glory be to the…
Prayers to: The Blessed Virgin Mary