When Jesus was approached by ten lepers begging him for mercy, he said, “Go and show yourselves to the priest”. On their way, they were all healed but surprisingly, only one returned to thank Him! (Matthew 8:1-4)
All that we have and all that we will receive, they are gifts from God.
Lord Jesus, thank you for your many multiple blessings, both yesterdays and todays.
Prayer: Victims of War (Pope St John Paul II)
To You, creator of nature and humanity, of truth and beauty, I pray:
- Hear my voice, for it is the voice of the victims of all wars and violence among individuals and nations;
- Hear my voice, for it is the voice of all children who suffer and who will suffer when people put their faith in weapons and war;
- Hear my voice, when I beg you to instil into the hearts of all human beings the vision of peace, the strength of justice and the joy of fellowship;
- Hear my voice, for I speak for the multitudes in every country and in every period of history who do not want war and are ready to walk the road of peace;
- Hear my voice, and grant insight and strength so that we may always respond to hatred with love, to injustice with total dedication to justice, to need with the sharing of self, to war with peace.
O God, hear my voice and grant to the world your everlasting peace.