The Old Testament phrase, “An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth,” was never meant to be taken literally but unfortunately, it’s used as a wonderful excuse for violence by many today.
Jesus, focusing on people’s misuse, said to his disciples:
- “I say to you, offer no resistance to one who is evil.
- When someone strikes you on your right cheek, turn the other one to him as well.”
- “If someone wants to sue you and to take your tunic, give him your coat also.”
- “If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with him two.”
- “Give to the one who asks you, and do not reject the one who wants to borrow from you.”
Yes, of course, we should protect ourselves, but ignore insults, do not seek revenge, forgive and forget, pray for sinners, pray for all your enemies.
Lord Jesus, thank you for your many signs and wonders. May my daily words and actions be worthy of your great love.
Prayer: Guidance (Book of Hours 1514)
God be in my head and in my understanding,
God be in my eyes and in my looking,
God be in my mouth and in my speaking,
God be in my heart and in my thinking,
God be at my end and at my departing.
|Music Suggestion: Holy Family|
Listen and reflect… pause and talk.
6th June: National Gardening Exercise Day (US)
Exercise every day, garden not required. Stretch, dance, walk and run; all on the same spot!
Well, many in the world have no choice – no garden and their Health Matters! Pray to Mary for good health. Hail Mary…